Divorce Decree

Applications for Divorce for Same-sex Marriages

Same-sex marriages are now recognised in Australia as a result of the amendments to the Marriage Act 1961 (Cth).  Same-sex couples applying for a divorce through the Family Law registry can use the existing form “Application for Divorce” and make hand written changes to the terms ‘Husband’ and ‘Wife’ until the Attorney-General’s Department amends the Application for Divorce.

For marriages granted overseas, where a marriage certificate was provided, is now also recognised in Australia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Click here to subscribe
Call Now Button